Ever since appearing as Gregor Clegane on HBO’s hit Game of Thrones, Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson has been gaining popularity worldwide. But “The Mountain” is not the only one who got the attention of the people. Everyone’s eyes are all on his beautiful wife, Kelsey Henson. Here are 8 things you need to know about Kelsey Henson.
- She is from Canada. Kelsey Henson is a native of Canada, having been born and raised in Alberta on March 5, 1990. She graduated from the University of Alberta. She graduated in 2014 acquiring her certificate for Occupation Health & Safety.
- She worked as a Waitress. Her past working experience includes working as a Project Administrator, where she processes logs, documents, and receipts while doing safety work along with her supervisors. She also worked as a Building operator handling routine safety checks and building inspections. In addition to her full-time job, she also worked part-time as a waitress at Earls Kitchen + Bar three times a week.
- How She Met Thor: Henson met Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, often called Thor, in Alberta, Canada. Thor was visiting Canada to raise money for people who lost their homes due to fire through a strongman competition. At the time, Henson was working in her hometown, as an officer in an oil-based job. At the time, she is also working part-time at Earl’s, where they first met.
Henson admitted that she is a Game of Thrones fan, having read all the novels even before HBO started making the TV adaptations. Being an avid fan of the series, she immediately noticed Thor when he visited the bar she is working at.
Henson shared that she was the one that approached Thor. She wanted to take a quick picture with Thor, not only because he’s a cast member of Game of Thrones, but also because of his large and uncommon physique. Thor obliged and took a picture. Henson commented on how kind Thor was. She also said Thor commented on how beautiful Henson is.
After their first meeting, Henson posted the picture on her social media account. However, she spelt Thor’s name wrong. This caught the attention of Thor and sent a message to Henson about spelling his name wrong. They started sending messages afterwards. They have been officially together since 2017.
On October 21, 2018, Thor shared photos of their marriage on his Instagram account. The ceremony took place in Iceland.
- Kelsey Wants Kids Someday. According to Henson, one of the most often asked questions they get is about having children. Thor already has a daughter with her ex-girlfriend Thelma Björk Steimann named Theresa Lif. Thor often posts pictures of her daughter on his Instagram account. But the couple agreed that they want a family, saying that they want more children sometime in the future.
Kelsey Henson Height and Weight
- Kelsey Henson is 5’2″ while Thor is 6’9″. People are either fascinated or in awe at the couples height difference. Henson is only 5’2″ tall while Thor stands at 6’9″. Due to their huge height difference, which is about 19 inches, the couple garnered attention. They regularly post pictures on their social media account clearly showing their height gap, which people are fascinated with.
However, not everyone is impressed. Some people troll the couple, making fun of their height difference. Thor said that some people even ask him to fight face-to-face yet no one has ever threatened him in real life. He commented that the internet is full of keyboard warriors. The couple shows their maturity by ignoring the trolls.
- Henson Loves Junk Foods. Henson revealed that she enjoys eating healthy and being on schedule with her diet. It is evident from her good and healthy physique. However, Henson confessed that her favourite foods are junk foods. Some of her favourite foods are cheeseburgers, pizzas, and poutines. Thor, on the other hand, likes good steaks and potatoes. He also likes pizza.
- They Broke a Bed while in Spain. Henson and Thor recounted their most embarrassing moment in a “Q&A” video. They were having a workcation in Spain. They stayed at a fancy 5-star hotel suite. Henson told that after breakfast, Thor went to the front desk to report the bed they broke. He covered it up by saying he sat, and the bed broke. According to Thor, the staff said, “Yeah, we heard.” The hotel staff also said they received noise complaints from the other rooms.
Part of their super embarrassing experience was them waiting for the people to fix the bed. They were standing in their room while the hotel staff were fixing the bed. They recounted that the people were laughing and speaking in Spanish as they tried to fix the bed. Luckily, there’s another bed in the suite where they stayed while the bed is being fixed. They laughed as they recounted their experience.
- Why Doesn’t She have Thor’s Family Name? One of the most common questions Henson and Thor are regarding Henson’s last name. Many ask why Henson does not have Thor’s last name. The answer is because of Iceland’s naming system.
Icelandic surnames follow a different system than the one most commonly used by the rest of the world. Their naming system is patronymic, or matronymic at times. This naming system was formerly used by all Nordic nations.
This means that their surnames will not be from their family lineage. Instead, their surnames will come from the names of their fathers’, or their mothers’. The matronymic naming system is less used than the patronymic system. A few people also use their family names in addition to the Icelandic naming system.
The patronymic system works by adding a “son” for the sons and a “dottir” for the daughters. For instance, Thor’s sons will be named Hafþórson and the daughters will be Hafþórdottir. His last name Björnsson means that his father’s name is Björn.
As for the matronymic naming system, their mothers’ names will be in genitive form followed by “son” and “dottir” for sons and daughters respectively. Some examples are the medieval poet Eilífr Goðrúnarson (“Eilífr, son of Goðrún’s”) and the novelist Guðrún Eva Mínervudóttir (“Guðrún Eva, daughter of Minerva”).
Because of the Icelandic system, Henson can’t take the surname of Thor. Their future kids, however, will take Thor’s name.